Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa
An oasis at the heart of Grand Baie, a vibrant beach town… Yes, that seems like a candid description of Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa. Nestled in a glistening bay, the hotel emulates the ambiance usually found in island habitations and their luxuriant tropical gardens. The hotel is the perfect way to glimpse or immerse yourself in the local way of living.
You will be welcomed to the beat of a traditional drum, the maravane, by a local musician in national dress. With a wave of his straw hat he will invite you into Veranda Grand Baie Hotel and Spa. This marks the beginning of a holiday full of fun activities from sightseeing to shopping. For more than thirty years, people have been enjoying Veranda Grand Baie Hotel and Spa, transported into the quiet serenity of the Mauritian lifestyle. In the shade of a coconut tree on our little beach facing the most famous bay in Mauritius, admire the view… an iridescent lagoon sprinkled with sailing boats, yachts and catamarans. Welcome home to the island of Mauritius!
- 3 star plus on the beach
- Free wifi in rooms and public areas
- Located in the heart of Grand Baie: walking distance from restaurants, shops, night clubs and bars
- 94 trendy rooms
- Family rooms with interconnecting children’s room
- Timomo kids club
- Seven Colours Spa and Beauty Bar
- 2 restaurants and 1 bar overlooking the magnificent bay of Grand Baie
- 2 swimming pools including kids pool area and Jacuzzi
- A conference room (45 pax)
- Fitness room
The Comfort Rooms, with their contemporary aesthetic and minimalist design, give onto tropical gardens. On the ground floor, the private terrace conveys a feeling of spaciousness. Upstairs, adjoining rooms cater to families with children.
The Superior Rooms are filled with natural light and furnished with taste. Oriented toward the luxuriant gardens and the swimming pool, these rooms can accommodate -thanks to the King-size bed and hideaway bed- up to three persons.
These rooms were designed with a family in mind. The kids’ room is separate, which provides privacy for the adults and independence for the younger ones. The balcony or terrace offer a sitting area to read a book or enjoy a ‘morning cup’ of coffee.
The Privilege Rooms’ airy living room combined with a peaceful view on the garden foliage or the swimming pool make these rooms a steal. The interiors are fresh and contemporary, with a king-size bed and hideaway bed, which accommodate up to three persons comfortably.
- Rooms with balcony or terrace
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Telephone and IDD access
- Flat screen television (satellite channels)
- Electronic safe
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair dryer
- International plug sockets
In Privilege rooms
- Nespresso coffee machine
- iPad/iPhone docking
- 15mins welcome foot massage once during the stay (pre-booking within the first 2 days after arrival)
- One full day catamaran cruise per stay (minimum 7 nights) - including open bar and lunch on board
Mon Plaisir serves a variety of dishes, from local specialties to classics to signature dishes. The buffet’s impeccable presentation is enticing and the à la carte menu is an exploration of the flavours of Mauritius and elsewhere. The hotel’s main restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Come afternoon or evening, take a seat in the unpretentious, open-air restaurant - most likely under a palm or coconut tree - and delve into the Mauritian menu filled local, seasonal dishes cooked following tradition. The beach restaurant offers a peaceful view on the lagoon - keep your eyes open for brightly coloured sails on the horizon. At night, the island’s famous bay scintillates as the coast is lit up.
Cool off from the scorching heat with an iced lemongrass infusion at Le Tilambic, a bar situated between the pool and Mon Plaisir restaurant. At sunset hour, order a ti punch or one of the many house-made rhums arrangés, or pop by after dinner when the happening bar is packed with live music.
- 1 main pool
- 1 swimming pool including kids pool area (depth -60cm) and jacuzzi
- Glass bottom boat
- Sailing dinghies
- Pedal boats
- Fitness room
- Table tennis
- Floodlit tennis court (tennis balls at extra cost)
- Jogging sessions
- Stretching and relaxation sessions
Activities at a cost
- Deep sea fishing
- Diving (PADI)
- Bicycle rental
- Indoor games
- Catamaran excursions
- Golf at the “Heritage Golf Club”
Seven Colours Spa
- 3 massage rooms
- Beauty bar with blow dry, make up and nail services
- 1 Vichy shower (body treatments and hydro massage)
- 1 hammam (at extra cost, except if a spa treatment is booked)
- 1 vitality pool
- Opening hours (daily): 9am – 8pm
Capital: Port-Louis: 22 kms
away / 40 min. by car
SSR International airport: 68
km away / 1 hr 10 min. by car