Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa
Serenity, privacy and comfort… These are just some of the adjectives that can be used to describe Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa. The hotel is a sought after destination for honeymooners and grown-ups seduced by the tranquillity of this timeless Eden.
- Couples only 4 star hotel, on the beach with spectacular view of the northern islets
- 81 sea view rooms
- No triple occupancy is allowed.
- Located in the fishing village of Grand Gaube and near the lively coastal village of Grand Baie (free shuttle twice a week, pre-booking at the reception required)
- Ideal for a romantic getaway, weddings and honeymoons
- 2 restaurants (includes a restaurant on the lagoon for a romantic dinner) and 2 bars
- Seven Colours Wellness Spa
- Conference room (60 pax)
- 2 swimming pools
- Fitness room
- Departure room
- Free wifi available in rooms and public areas
- Catamaran cruise from the hotel to the islets
- Shop with souvenirs and beach accessories
- The hotel has been fully renovated in 2017
Faculties / Services
- Rooms with balcony or terrace
- Bathrooms with shower, toilets
- King size beds (Privilege & Superior rooms)
- Queen size beds (Comfort rooms)
- Tea / coffee facilities (First use of the tray free of charge)
- Flatscreen television
- Ceiling fan
- Electronic safe
- Direct telephone
- Free Wi-fi
In Privilege rooms:
- One full day catamaran cruise per stay (minimum 7 nights) - including open bar and lunch on board
Isle de France
The hotel’s main restaurant overlooks the immaculate pool and bay, affording a stunning view of the horizon’s innumerable hues of blue. You will have a chance to taste the subtlety of the local flavours - spices and seasonal produce - or stick to what is comforting. Our combination of Mauritian and international cuisine served table d’hôte or buffet style is bound to please every palate.
Le Saint Geran
The beach bar and restaurant, Le Saint Géran - named after the shipwreck made famous by Bernardin de St-Pierre who wrote a novel around it -, is located at the end of a jetty. Under the thatch-roof, a hallmark of Mauritian architecture, you will savour platters of freshly caught seafood and Veranda Resorts’ signature dishes. The seaside restaurant has a mystique aura to it, which is somewhat enhanced come nightfall.
An elegant decor and unblemished views of the Grand-Gaube lagoon - one of the island’s largest - make the Poudre d’Or the perfect place for a mid-afternoon break. Indulge in a coffee, a cocktail or an after-dinner liquor at the bar. For a late afternoon pick-me-up, opt for savoury snacks or crêpes. Come evening, a laid-back island ambiance settles in with live music and shows.
- 3 pools
- Pedal boat
- Stand-up Paddle
- Sailing dinghies
- Floodlit tennis court
- Beach Volley
- Fitness Centre
- Shuttle to Grand Baie (Twice a week)
Activities at extra cost
- Diving (PADI)
- Paddle Step
- Traditional pirogue excursion
- Catamaran excursions
- * Possibility of playing golf at the “Heritage Golf Club” (at extra cost).
Seven Colours Wellness Spa
The Seven Colours Wellness Spa is a haven where therapists tailor bespoke treatments combining ancient customs with modern wellbeing with local, Mauritian undertones. Taking advantage of our location in the tropics, we use the purest ingredients, harvested and turned into essential oils. Guests will leave feeling cleansed and whole.
- 3 Spa treatment rooms
- 1 jetted shower (body treatments, hydromassage)
- Nailcare services
The Seven Colours concept, present in all of the Veranda Resorts hotels, features spas and wellness lounges, treatments and massages, as well as its own line of cosmetics and products. The spa is open daily from 8am to 8pm, and reservations can be made at the Spa reception.
Village of Grand Baie : 12 kms
away / 15 min. by car kms
Capital Port-Louis: 30 kms
away / 30 min by car