Veranda Pointe aux Biches Hotel
Veranda Pointe aux Biches is the perfect fantasy of what eco-chic should be: Think sandy feet, strolls along the white swatch of sand, Mauritian architecture built with rustic, raw materials, sand-floored restaurants that cater to ‘locavorism’ with great seasonal Mauritius food, colourful flora and fauna…
Situated near Grand-Baie, a vibrant beach town, the four-star family-friendly boutique hotel is ideal for the little ones (they will soon call the Kids Club their home) and their older siblings, who can sit by the big swimming pool, post to Instagram (there is free WiFi throughout the hotel) while you cultivate balance and beauty at the spa. Couples seeking privacy and tranquillity have access to a wing of the hotel reserved for grown-ups with its own restaurant, bar and pool.
- 4 star boutique style hotel with its unique barefoot concept
- Located near the lively coastal village of Grand Baie offering a wide choice of restaurants, bars, shops, and nightclubs
- 41 Comfort rooms, 24 Family rooms with interconnecting kids room and 20 Superior rooms
- Sandy Lane Village, adult only wing: 30 Privilege rooms, restaurant, bar and pool (for Sandy Lane residents only)
- Seven Colours Wellness Lounge – Unique setting in Mauritius with spa cabins right on the beach and overlooking the lagoon.
- 3 restaurants and 2 bars overlooking the lagoon (including 1 restaurant and 1 bar- for Sandy Lane residents only)
- 1 main pool, 1 adult only pool reserved for Sandy Lane residents only
- Timomo kids club including 1 kids pool
- Free shuttle to Trou-aux-Biches beach, 5 times a week
- Free wifi available in rooms and public areas.
- Rooms with balcony or terrace
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Telephone and IDD access
- Flat screen television (satellite channels)
- Electronic safe
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hair dryer
- International plug sockets
In Privilege rooms
- Nespresso coffee machine
- iPad/iPhone docking
- 15mins welcome foot massage once during the stay (pre-booking within the first 2 days after arrival)
- One full day catamaran cruise per stay (minimum 7 nights) - including open bar and lunch on board
The hotel’s main restaurant offers an impressive panorama of the lagoon - in the deepest hue of turquoise - and the coral reef. The light and airy décor is conducive to a relaxed breakfast, lunch or dinner. The sumptuous buffet offers local Mauritian fare alongside classic, ‘international’ dishes.
Take shelter from the midday sun at Foot Loose, a sand-floored bar where our in-house mixologist will craft divine cocktails for you to sip while you bask in the tropical ambience. When the sun dips into the ocean, the bar comes alive with the sound of live bands.
Sandy Lane Restaurant
Sandy Lane is a relaxed, intimate and exclusive restaurant intended for guests occupying the Privilege Rooms. The sand-floored grill borders the gorgeous swimming pool and serves platters of divinely fresh seafood and barbecue as well as Veranda Resorts signature dishes.
Sandy Lane Bar
The Sandy Lane Bar is situated between the pool and the beach. The bar is a picturesque spot to sip a cocktail in a chaise on the deck, in a rattan chair poolside, or in the pool. At sunset, the sky is a blaze of oranges and reds - Order a drink from our creative drinks menu and take in the view. The bar is intended for guests occupying the Privilege Rooms.
- 3 swimming pools (main pool; adult only pool for Sandy Lane residents only and kids pool at the Timomo Kids Club)
- Aqua Zumba
- Pedal boats
- Stand up paddle
- Beach volley
- Tennis Volley
- Table tennis
- Air conditioned fitness room
- Free shuttle 5 times a week to Trou aux Biches Beach
Activities at an extra cost
- Deep sea fishing (on request)
- Diving (PADI)
- Pool table
- Submarine and sub-scooter (on request)
- Catamaran excursions
- Golf at the “Heritage Golf Club” or at the Mon Choisy Golf located in the hotel vicinity
Seven Colours Wellness Lounge
At Veranda Pointe aux Biches, the Seven Colours Wellness Lounge embodies simplicity and charm. There is something wholesome and unique about a spa that overlooks the beach. The treatments, inspired by the philosophy of Chakras, are based on the interaction and balance of the energies and colours that animate us. Each treatment will be customized to suit your needs and wants.
- 2 Spa treatment rooms
- 1 Spa treatment kiosk that looks out onto the sea
- Nailcare services
Open daily from 9am to 8pm.
Village of Grand Baie : 7 kms
away / 10 mins. by car
Capital Port-Louis: 15 kms
away / 25 mins by car